The Department of Civil Engineering at Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University has been in operation since the Faculty of Engineering and Technology was established in 2010. The Civil Department focuses on the sectors of design, surveying, and construction, producing technically skilled engineers. Civil engineers from SGT University make significant contributions to the planning and execution of civil engineering projects in India.
The department uses cutting-edge teaching techniques and has state-of-the-art research and laboratory facilities to keep up with the most recent developments. Through educational and industrial visits to active civil projects of national significance, faculty members offer students on-site training in the civil sector. On the firm foundation of research and teaching, the department’s faculty continues to provide students with the most recent technical information.
To be among the top leaders who will nurture competitive and dedicated professionals by applying innovative technologies in the ﬁeld of Civil Engineering.
- To provide state-of-the-art facilities for teaching, research, learning, and hands- on experience through experimentation.
- To be highly effective leaders in conducting interdisciplinary research and maintain an intellectually challenging and collaborative environment that enables and encourages our students, faculty, and staff to achieve their best in a diverse community.
- To develop and transfer innovative engineering applications, science, and technology to improve the civil engineering knowledge base.
- Enabling him or her to understand the relevance of their learning to the world beyond the classroom by engaging in activities leading to the development of social and ethical values.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FACULTY
- Real-life projects with the help of advanced learning aids
- Software labs with AutoCAD, STAAD Pro, Lingo, EPANET
- Regular industrial excursions for exposure.
- GATE classes to enhance prospects in the government sector.
WHY THE DEPT. OF CIVIL ENGINEERING?
- Courses that are aligned with market requirements, framed in consultation with industry professionals.
- Faculty members who hold degrees, from globally reputed institutions, and have research publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Emphasizing research in emerging areas of civil engineering to foster innovation and the development of new technologies.
- Incorporating sustainable practices into the curriculum and research activities, and promoting eco-friendly solutions in civil engineering.