Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering at Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University has been in operation since the Faculty of Engineering and Technology was established in 2010. The Civil Department focuses on the sectors of design, surveying, and construction, producing technically skilled engineers. Civil engineers from SGT University make significant contributions to the planning and execution of civil engineering projects in India.
The department uses cutting-edge teaching techniques and has state-of-the-art research and laboratory facilities to keep up with the most recent developments. Through educational and industrial visits to active civil projects of national significance, faculty members offer students on-site training in the civil sector. On the firm foundation of research and teaching, the department’s faculty continues to provide students with the most recent technical information.
To be one of the top leaders who develops competitive and devoted professionals in the field of civil engineering by providing knowledge resources in a variety of innovative technology areas.
To provide high-quality education and practical training to develop skilled and innovative civil engineers. Our mission is to prepare students to address the challenges of the modern world and to contribute to the sustainable development of society through research, industry collaborations, and community engagement.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FACULTY
- Real-life projects with the help of advanced learning aids
- Software labs with AutoCAD, STAAD Pro, Lingo, EPANET
- Regular industrial excursions for exposure.
- GATE classes to enhance prospects in the government sector.
WHY THE DEPT. OF CIVIL ENGINEERING?
- Courses that are aligned with market requirements, framed in consultation with industry professionals.
- Faculty members who hold degrees, from globally reputed institutions, and have research publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Emphasizing research in emerging areas of civil engineering to foster innovation and the development of new technologies.
- Incorporating sustainable practices into the curriculum and research activities, and promoting eco-friendly solutions in civil engineering.