The Vision of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) to be renowned globally for imparting quality engineering education and research in interdisciplinary cutting edge technology. The mission of the FET is to produce morally conscious competent leaders and engineering professional. It comprises five departments viz Civil Engineering (CE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Applied Sciences & Humanities. The FET offers UG programmes leading to B.Tech. in CE, CSE, ECE, and ME. It also offers M.Tech. and Doctoral Degree Programs in Engineering disciplines of CSE, ECE, CE and ME, and an unique Masters in Technology Management (MTM) as integrated B.Tech.-MBA programs.
The programs are articulately designed to meet needs of industries and other employing sectors, and to prepare students for the national and global employment market.The FET is establishing the Learners’ Centric Academic Environment by adopting Flexible-Slot-Based Time-Table, and FRICS (Flexible Research Integrated Credit System) that empowers students to choose the subjects from the disciplines of their own interests. It also enables the students not only to build a sound knowledge base in particular discipline but also applications widened across the disciplines. The curriculum is carefully designed to international standards with adopting the most advanced learning systems viz Project Based Learning (PBL), Research Based Learning (RBL), Cooperative Learning and other learning tools &emerging learnings modes. Class-rooms and labs are well equipped with modern teaching facilities to facilitate the latest teaching pedagogy.
The FET has establisheda unique ‘Mentoring System’ through which each student is assigned a Faculty Advisor. Faculty Advisors areclosely and carefully mentoring the students for achieving excellence in their endeavors.They play an advisory role and guide students to complete their degree program in a smooth and timely manner. They also provide advices and extend extra supports related to thought process, health, ethics & morality, professional needs and corporate life, and for overall 360o development of students throughout his/ her tenure at the University. The faculty has a deep sense of devotion for maximizing the opportunities of development available to students within the campus and beyond. Faculty Advisors are the contact point for parents/ guardians for performance and conduct related issues of their wards.
The FET faculty members are scholars who have expertise in their field of study, and are brought on the board from reputed institutions including IITs. The faculty members are pertaining very rich experience of working in industry as well as academics and research. They are dedicated to pedagogical approaches which are student centric and experiential. They are highly committed to impart learning to learners through latest teaching pedagogy, and groom the students to be quality engineers with ethical, moral and environmental senses. Students are provided opportunity to work on projects that provide a platform to them to build a strong theoretical foundation and knowledge of how to apply these concepts relatively in various contexts.
The FET has all modern facilities including computer labs and Wi-Fi enabled campus. The FET Library is equipped with advanced facilities such as e-learning tools and a large collection of text-books, reference-booksand journals. Additionally, it has a very unique feature of ‘Book-Bank System’ that allows the students to borrow the subject text books once for entire semester. The students have access to the library with The FET has its own full-fledged Training & Placement Office to groom students through attaining the soft skills and personality development. It enables the students to be recruited by the reputed MNCs through Campus Placement. In Addition to facilities available at the FET, the university facilities are also available to students that include hostels with mess, free medical services, sports complex, central library, and transportation.
Learner Centric Flexible Academic Environment
- FRICS (Flexible Research Integrated Credit System)
The FRICS is own in-house developed academic system that facilitates leaner to cater his/ her creativity and show research potentials. Additionally, it also empowers the students to partially redesign the curriculum as per his/ her own interests with the significant provisions provided.
- FSBT (Flexible Slot Based Time-Table) The FSBT provides flexibility to students to make their own time-table depending on his/ her physiological clock.
- QCM (Quality Circle Meeting) The meeting of all students with teachers concerned teaching the subjects to them after each CAT (Sessional exams) to evaluate their performances and resolve the problem(s) being faced by them in each subject(s) concern. The objective of QCM is to provide the guidance to them study the specific subjects as well as mid-semester concern, if needed.
Advanced Curriculum and Syllabus
We designed the futuristic curriculum to cater needs of industries not only of present but also of emerging technologies. Our curriculum prepare the students not only on technical knowledge and applications fronts but also in working in team; ethical, moral, social, environmental and professional liabilities. Sincere efforts are put in designing the curriculum to make it at par of global universities and the best in the Indian Private University. Few of specific features may be listed as
- Industrial visit/ training in each semester starting from Second Semester to Sixth Semester for exposing them to real professional environments as well as for strengthening professionalisms in the graduating students.
- CISCO Networking Academy to enhance their computing skills as well as to add on specific marketable values.
- Courses on Specific Technical Skills Development from Second Semester to Sixth Semester.
- Values Addition: Two Special courses are included in the curriculum for developing Universal Human Values and Professional Ethics.
- Provision of Ten Electives to be opted to attain specialization in field of engineering/ sub-discipline of his/her branch of engineering as well as from other streams.
- To make them ‘Ready to Corporate’, six specially designed courses are inculcated in the curriculum from First Semester to Sixth Semester for developing their communication skills, aptitudes, other soft-skills, and overall personality.
- Option to change branch at end of first year, if s/he realizes the need of change of stream and meeting the requirement for the same.
Advanced Learning Teaching Pedagogies
- PBL (Project Based Learning) Systems
- RBL (Research Based Learning) Systems
- Modern Teaching Pedagogy
- Continuous Evaluation Process (CATs, Quizzes, Assignments, TEE)
- Learning Outcome Assessment Process
- Academic Processes conformance with ABET & NBA
- IQAC (Internal Quality Assessment Cell)
- Renowned Faculty from IITs, NITs & other reputed institutes
- Smart Class Room & Other Advanced Systems
- Modern Lab Facilities
- Merit Scholarship
- Curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.