|13040310||NETWORK ANALYSIS LAB||L||T||P||C|
|Version1.0||Date of Approval:||0||0||2||1|
|Pre-requisites//Exposure||Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
- To learn linear circuit analysis, graph theory and network theorems.
- Analyze two port networks using Z, Y, ABCD and h parameters
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Design active and passive filter circuits
- explain the electrical network theories and verify them through experiments
Network Analysis and Synthesis is a field of engineering that deals with the study and applications of Graph theory, two port parameters and network synthesis, and also deals with the design and application of active and passive filters. Graph theory is considered to deal with the problems associated with large-scale electrical systems such as power transmission and distribution system. This course lay foundation for the students to study other subjects related to both the engineering streams.
List of Experiments
- To verify Thevenin’s theorem in a.c.
- To verify Norton’s theorem in a.c.
- To verify Superposition theorem in a.c.
- To verify the Maximum Power Transfer Theorem.
- Determination of Z-parameters of a two-port network.
- To verify and determination of y-parameters of a parallel connected two-port network.
- Determination of h-parameters of a two-port network.
- To verify and determination of ABCD-parameters of a cascade interconnected two-port network.
- Determination of characteristics impedance of a symmetrical T-network using S/C and O/C test.
- E. Van Valkenburg, “Network Analysis”, Prentice Hall of India
- A C.L Wadhwa, “Network Analysis and Synthesis” New Age International Publishers, 2007,
- Roy Choudhary, “Networks and Systems” Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- E. Van Valkenburg, “An Introduction to Modern Network Synthesis”,Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- Chakrabarti, “Circuit Theory” Dhanpat Rai & Co
Mode of Evaluation: The theory and lab performance of students are evaluated separately.
Relationship between the Course Outcomes (COs) and Program Outcomes (POs)
|Mapping between Cos and Pos|
|Sl. No.||Course Outcomes (COs)||Mapped Programme Outcomes|
|1||Design active and passive filter circuits||3|
|2||explain the electrical network theories and verify them through experiments||9|
|Engineering Knowledge||Problem analysis||Design/development of solutions||Conduct investigations of complex problems||Modern tool usage||The engineer and society||Environment and sustainability||Ethics||Individual or team work||Communication||Project management and finance||Life-long Learning|
|TEC232||Network Analysis and Synthesis||3||2|
1=addressed to small extent
2= addressed significantly
3=major part of course