|13040607||MICROWAVE AND RF LAB||L||T||P||C|
COURSE OBJECTIVES: The student will learn and understand
- analysis and the design of active and passive microwave devices.
COURSE OUTCOME: The students will be able to
- Have knowledge of transmission and waveguide structures.
- Know how to model and determine the performance characteristics of a microwave circuit or systems.
CATALOG DESCRIPTION: Basic Microwave Engineering laboratory concerns with the implementation of basic principles and applications of Microwave Transmission Lines, Waveguide Components, Microwave Tubes, Microwave Solid State Devices and Microwave Measurements.
- D.M.Pozar, “Microwave engineering”, John Wiley, 3/e, 2005
- Samuel Y.Liao, “Microwave Devices and Circuits”, 3/e, PHI, New Delhi,1987.
- Rober.E.Collin, “Foundations of Microwave Engineering”, John Wiley, 3/e, 2001
- Annapurna Dasand S,.K.Das, “Microwave Engineering”, Tata Mc Graw-Hill, New Delhi, 2000
- R.Chatterjee, “Microwave Engineering”, Affi liated East west Press PVT Ltd, 2001
- O.P.Gandhi, “Microwave Engineering”, Pergamon Press, NY, 1983.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
- Study of Microwave Components
- Mode Characteristics of Refl ex Klystron
- V-I characteristics of GUNN Diode
- VSWR Measurement of unknown load
- Study of E-plane & H-plane Tee
- Study of Magic Tee
- Study of Directional Coupler
- Study of Circulator & Isolator
- Study of transmission line circuits and Micro strip lines.
- Design microwave small signal and power amplifiers.
- Design microwave detectors and mixers.
- Design microwave control circuits.
- Understand microwave integrated circuits (MICs).
- Understand MIC processing techniques.