|13040510||Microprocessors and Microcontrollers Lab||L||T||P||C|
|Version1.1||Date of Approval:||0||0||2||1|
|Pre-requisites//Exposure||Digital Design/Computer Organization and Architecture|
- Understanding and implementation of the operation of microprocessors and microcontrollers, machine language programming & interfacing techniques with peripheral devices
On completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Program 8086 Microprocessor, 8051 and PIC Microcontrollers for application specific solution
- Design microprocessors/microcontrollers-based systems
- Implement and develop new experiments on microprocessor/microcontroller based systems.
students will be able to design, construct, program, verify, analyze, and troubleshoot fundamental microprocessor interface and control circuits using related equipments.
- Barry B Brey, The intel microprocessor: architecture, programming and interfacing, Prentice hall of India, NewDelhi, 2003.ISBN-0138027455, 4th Edition
- Mohammad Ali Mazidi and Janice Gillispie Maszidi “The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems” Pearson education, 2003, ISBN- 9788131710265, 2ndEdition
- Kenneth J. Ayla, “The 8051 Micro controller”, Thomson learning, 3rd edition, 2004, ISBN-140186158X
- Alan Clements, “Principles of Computer Hardware”, Oxford University Press, 3rd Edition, 2003, ISBN-9780198564539
List of Experiments:
- To Add Two Binary Number Each 2 Bytes Long.
- To Find The Maximum Number. In A Given String (16 Bytes Long) and Store It in Location 0510.
- To Sort A String of A No. of Bytes In Descending Order.
- To Multiply An ASCII String Of Eight Numbers By A Single ASCII Digit. The Result Is A String Of Unpacked BCD Digits.
- To Divide A String Of Unpacked ASCII Digit.
- A Data String of No. Of bytes (to be specified in CX reg.) Is located From The Starting Address 0500. The Data String Is To Be Converted To Its Equivalent 2’s Complement From And The Result Is Be Stored From 0600 Onwards.
MICROCONTROLLER LAB (ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS)
- Addition of 2 numbers and stored result at 3012
- Subtraction of 2 numbers and stored result at 3012
- Division of 2 numbers and stored result at 3012
- Multiplication of 2 numbers and stored result at 3012
Mode of Evaluation: The theory and lab performance of students are evaluated separately.
Relationship between the Course Outcomes (COs) and Program Outcomes (POs)
|Mapping between Cos and POs|
|Sl. No.||Course Outcomes (COs)||Mapped Programme Outcomes|
|1||program 8086 Microprocessor, 8051 and PIC Microcontrollers for application specific solution
|2||Formulate application based problem and develop microprocessors/microcontrollers-based systems||PO(2)|
|3||implement and develop new experiments on microprocessor/microcontroller based systems.||PO(12)|
|Engineering Knowledge||Problem analysis||Design/development of solutions||Conduct investigations of complex problems||Modern tool usage||The engineer and society||Environment and sustainability||Ethics||Individual or team work||Communication||Project management and finance||Life-long Learning|
|TCE332||Microprocessor and Microcontrollers Lab||2||2||2|
1=addressed to small extent
2= addressed significantly
3=major part of course