|13040409||Digital Electronics Lab||L||T||P||C|
|Version1.1||Date of Approval: Jun 06, 2013||0||0||2||1|
|Pre-requisites//Exposure||Knowledge of Basic Algebra, Basic Electronics|
- Verifying and analyzing the practical digital circuits.
- Enabling students to take up application specific sequential circuit to specify the finite state machine and designing the logic circuit.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Verify and analyze the input/output data of each logic gate and circuits such as adders, counters, coders, etc,.
- Analyze the basic operation of memory cell and its limitations in circuit designing.
The course introduces Boolean algebra, Reduction techniques and demonstrates the design of logic gates. Knowledge of digital systems design based on combinational and sequential logic is also imparted. This course further teaches about PLD, Memories and Logic Families.
- Mano, Morris. “Digital logic.” Computer Design. Englewood Cliffs Prentice-Hall (1979).
- Kumar, A. Anand. Fundamentals Of Digital Circuits 2Nd Ed. PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 2009.
- Taub, Herbert, and Donald L. Schilling. Digital integrated electronics. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1977.
- Floyd, Thomas L. Digital Fundamentals, 10/e. Pearson Education India, 1986.
- Malvino, Albert Paul, and Donald P. Leach. Digital principles and applications. McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1986.
- Jain, Rajendra Prasad. Modern Digital Electronics 3e. Tata McGraw-Hill Education, 2003.
List of Experiments
Mode of Evaluation: The theory and lab performance of students are evaluated separately.
Relationship between the Course Outcomes (COs) and Program Outcomes (POs)
|Mapping between Cos and POs|
|Sl. No.||Course Outcomes (COs)||Mapped Programme Outcomes|
|1||Verify and analyze the input/output data of each logic gate and circuits such as adders, counters, coders, etc,.
|2||Analyze the basic operation of memory cell and its limitations in circuit designing.||PO(9)|
|Engineering Knowledge||Problem analysis||Design/development of solutions||Conduct investigations of complex problems||Modern tool usage||The engineer and society||Environment and sustainability||Ethics||Individual or team work||Communication||Project management and finance||Life-long Learning|
|TEC241||Digital Design Lab||2||2|
1=addressed to small extent
2= addressed significantly