|13040309||Analog Electronics Circuit Lab||L||T||P||C|
|Version1.0||Date of Approval:||0||0||2||1|
|Pre-requisites//Exposure||Semiconductor Devices and Circuits|
- To learn different biasing techniques and behavior of BJT, FET at low and high frequencies.
- To understand the principle of operation of different oscillators circuits.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Design, construct, and take measurement of various analog circuits to compare
- Experimental results in the laboratory with theoretical analysis.
Analog Electronics is the base of Electronics & Communication stream. In this course the working of various amplifiers is explained. Students learn how BJT work at low and high frequencies, what happens in FET amplifiers, Power amplifiers and feedback amplifiers, different types of oscillators and their working, studying of various types of tuned amplifiers.
- Jacob. Millman, Christos C.Halkias, ‘Electronic Devices and Circuits’, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Limited, New Delhi, 2008, ISBN 0070634556, 9780070634558.
- Jacob Millman and C. Halkias, ‘Integrated Electronics – Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems’, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2001, ISBN 0074622455, 9780074622452.
- Jacob Millman and Arvin Grabel, ‘Microelectronics’, McGraw Hill, 2001, ISBN 0074637363, 9780074637364.
- Electronic Devices & Circuits – David. A. Bell, 3rd Edition, Prentice – Hall, 1986 ISBN 083591559X, 9780835915595.
- Electronic Devices & Circuits – Allen Mottershead –Gale Group, 1992, ISBN 0023839902, 9780023839900.
- Electronic Devices & Circuits Theory – Robert Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, 10th Edition Prentice Hall, 2009,
ISBN 0135026490, 9780135026496
List of experiments
- To study RC coupled amplifier
- To study darlington emitter follower
- To study voltage series feedback amplifier
- To study RC phase shift oscillator
- To study Hartley and colpitt’s oscillator
- To study clipping circuits
- To study clamping circuits
- To study Op-amp application
- To study voltage regulator
- To study analog to digital converter
- To study digital to analog converter
Mode of Evaluation: The theory and lab performance of students are evaluated separately.
Relationship between the Course Outcomes (COs) and Program Outcomes (POs)
|Mapping between Cos and Pos|
|Sl. No.||Course Outcomes (COs)||Mapped Programme Outcomes|
|1||Design, construct, and take measurement of various analog circuits to compare experimental results in the laboratory with theoretical analysis
|2||Experimental results in the laboratory with theoretical analysis.||PO(2)|
|Engineering Knowledge||Problem analysis||Design/development of solutions||Conduct investigations of complex problems||Modern tool usage||The engineer and society||Environment and sustainability||Ethics||Individual or team work||Communication||Project management and finance||Life-long Learning|
|TEC231||Analog Electronics Circuits||2||2|
1=addressed to small extent
2= addressed significantly
3=major part of course