|Internet Of Things||Learning Schedule|
|Pre-requisites: Basics of ECE||3||0||0||3|
This course helps students to aware about new Technology. This course covers Microcontroller, Embedded System and knowledge of latest Sofware.
- Vision and Introduction to IoT.
- Understand IoT Market perspective.
- Data and Knowledge Management and use of Devices in IoT Technology.
- Understand State of the Art – IoT Architecture.
- Real World IoT Design Constraints, Industrial Automation and Commercial Building Automation in IoT.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the vision of IoT from a global context.
- Determine the Market perspective of IoT.
- Use of Devices, Gateways and Data Management in IoT.
- Building state of the art architecture in IoT.
- Application of IoT in Industrial and Commercial Building Automation and Real World Design
Unit- I : Vision and Introduction to IoT.
M2M to IoT-The Vision-Introduction, From M2M to IoT, M2M towards IoT-the global context, A use case example, Differing Characteristics.
Unit –II : Understand IoT Market perspective.
M2M to IoT – A Market Perspective– Introduction, Some Definitions, M2M Value Chains, IoT Value Chains, An emerging industrial structure for IoT, The international driven global value chain and global information monopolies.
M2M to IoT- An Architectural Overview– Building an architecture, Main design principles and needed capabilities, An IoT architecture outline, standards considerations.
Unit-III : Data and Knowledge Management and use of Devices in IoT Technology.
M2M and IoT Technology Fundamentals- Devices and gateways, Local and wide area networking, Data management, Business processes in IoT, Everything as a Service(XaaS), M2M and IoT Analytics, Knowledge Management
Understand State of the Art – IoT Architecture. 10 IoT Architecture-State of the Art – Introduction, State of the art, Architecture Reference Model- Introduction, Reference Model and architecture, IoT reference Model
Unit-IV : Real World IoT Design Constraints, Industrial Automation and Commercial Building Automation in IoT.
IoT Reference Architecture- Introduction, Functional View, Information View, Deployment and Operational View, Other Relevant architectural views. Real-World Design Constraints- Introduction, Technical Design constraints-hardware is popular again, Data representation and visualization, Interaction and remote control.
Industrial Automation- Service-oriented architecture-based device integration, SOCRADES: realizing the enterprise integrated Web of Things, IMC-AESOP: from the Web of Things to the Cloud of Things,
Commercial Building Automation – Introduction, Case study: phase one-commercial building automation today, Case study: phase two- commercial building automation in the future.
Jan Holler, Vlasios Tsiatsis, Catherine Mulligan, Stefan Avesand, Stamatis Karnouskos, David Boyle, “From Machine-to-Machine to the Internet of Things: Introduction to a New Age of Intelligence”, 1st Edition, Academic Press, 2014.
- Vijay Madisetti and Arshdeep Bahga, “Internet of Things (A Hands-on-Approach)”, 1stEdition, VPT, 2014.
- Francis daCosta, “Rethinking the Internet of Things: A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything”, 1st Edition, Apress Publications, 2013