|Industrial/Research Project (Phase-I)||Learning Schedule|
|Pre-requisites: Programming Language||0||0||2||5|
- To develop the capacity of students in correlating theoretical knowledge into practical systems either to perform creative works or to perform analysis and hence to suggest solutions to problems, pertaining to civil engineering domain.
- Foster collaborative learning skills.
- Develop self-directed inquiry and life-long skills.
- To enhance the communication skills of the students by providing opportunities to discuss in groups and to present their observations, findings and report in formal reviews both in oral and written format.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Submit a project synopsis comprising of the application and feasibility of the project.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health care, safety and sustainability.
- Work and communicate efficiently in multidisciplinary teams
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Develop an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Project work is of duration of two semesters and is expected to be completed in the eighth semester. Each student group consisting of not more than five members is expected to design and develop a complete system or make an investigative analysis of a technical problem in the relevant area. The project batches are expected to fix their topics, complete preliminary studies like literature survey, field measurements etc. in the seventh semester.