|Pre-requisites: Web development||3||0||0||3|
This course introduces the concepts, vocabulary, and procedures associated with E-Commerce and the Internet. The student gains an overview of all aspects of E-Commerce. Topics include development of the Internet and E-Commerce, options available for do-ing business on the Internet, features of Web sites and the tools used to build an E-Commerce web site, marketing issues, payment options, security issues, and customer service.
The objective of this course is to:
- Discuss fundamentals of e-commerce, types and applications.
- Evaluate the role of the major types of information systems in a business environment and their relationship to each other
- Assess the impact of the Internet and Internet technology on business electronic commerce and electronic business
- Identify the major management challenges for building and using information systems and learn how to find appropriate solutions to those challenges.
- Learn strategies for e-commerce, Mobile Commerce, Wireless Application Protocol, WAP technology and Mobile Information devices.
At the end of the course student will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts and technologies used in the field of management information systems
- Understand the processes of developing and implementing information systems
- Be aware of the ethical, social, and security issues of information systems and
- Develop an understanding of how various information systems work together to accomplish the information objectives of an organization
- Understand the role of information systems in organizations, the strategic management processes, and the implications for the management and learn about the importance of managing organizational change associated with information systems implementation
Unit I: INTRODUCTION
Definition of Electronic Commerce, E-Commerce: technology and prospects, incentives for engaging in electronic commerce, needs of E-Commerce, advantages and disadvantages, framework, Impact of E-commerce on business, E-Commerce Models.
Unit II: NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE FOR E- COMMERCE
Internet and Intranet based E-commerce- Issues, problems and prospects, Network Infrastructure, Network Access Equipments, Broadband telecommunication (ATM, ISDN, FRAME RELAY). Mobile Commerce: Introduction, Wireless Application Protocol, WAP technology, Mobile Information device.
Unit III: WEB SECURITY
Security Issues on web, Importance of Firewall, components of Firewall, Transaction security, Emerging client server, Security Threats, Network Security, Factors to consider in Firewall design, Limitation of Firewalls.
Unit IV: ENCRYPTION
Encryption techniques, Symmetric Encryption: Keys and data encryption standard, Triple encryption, Secret key encryption; Asymmetric encryption: public and private pair key encryption, Digital Signatures, Virtual Private Network.
UNIT V: ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS
Overview, The SET protocol, Payment Gateway, certificate, digital Tokens, Smart card, credit card, magnetic strip card, E-Checks, Credit/Debit card based EPS, online Banking.EDI Application in business, E- Commerce Law, Forms of Agreement, Govt. poli-cies and Agenda.
- Ravi Kalakota, Andrew Winston, “Frontiers of Electronic Commerce”, Addison Wesley.
- Pete Lohsin , John Vacca “Electronic Commerce”, New Age International
- Goel, Ritendra “E-commerce”, New Age International
- Laudon, “E-Commerce: Business, Technology, Society”, Pearson Education
- Bajaj and Nag, “E-Commerce the cutting edge of Business”, TMH
- Turban, “Electronic Commerce 2004: A Managerial Perspective”, Pearson Education