|Database Management System Lab||Learning Schedule|
The objective of this course is to:
- Understand the relational database theory, and write relational algebra expressions for queries, logical design of databases, including the ER method and normalization approach.
- Understand various issues of transaction processing and concurrency control by designing and development of a database application system as part of a team.
- Understand design principles for logical design of databases, including the ER method and normalization approach.
- At the end of the course student will be able to:
- Creating database objects
- Modifying database objects and manipulating the data
- Retrieving the data from the database server
- Performing database operations in a procedural manner using pl/sql
- Design and Develop applications like banking, reservation system, etc.
LIST OF EXPERIMENT:
- Write the queries for Data Definition and Data Manipulation Language.
- Write SQL queries using Comparison operators (=,<,>,etc).
- Write SQL queries using Logical operators.
- Write SQL query using SQL Operators.
- Write SQL queries for relational algebra.
- Write SQL queries for extracting data from more than one table.
- Write SQL queries for sub queries, nested queries.
- Write programme by the use of PL/SQL.
- Concepts for ROLL BACK, COMMIT & CHECK POINTS.
- Create VIEWS, CURSORS and TRGGERS & write ASSERTIONS.
- Create FORMS and REPORTS.