|Computer Networks Lab||Learning Schedule|
|Pre-requisites: Internet Fundamental||0||0||2||1|
The objective of this course is to:
- Familiarize students with different Networks components such as switch, routers etc.
- Make them comfortable in socket programming and internet programming.
At the end of course the student will be able to:
- Understand basic Network Commands.
- Understand the basic functioning of Switches and routers etc.
- Understand functioning of different layers.
- Write program for client and server using socket programming.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
- Introduction to basic Linux networking commands. (Commands like ipconfig, getmac, tracert, pathping, arp, ping, netstat, finger etc.)
- Implement bit stuffing and de-stuffing
- Write a program for hamming code generation for error detection and correction.
- Implement cyclic redundancy check (CRC).
- Write a program for congestion control using the leaky bucket algorithm.
- Implement Dijkstra’s algorithm to compute a shortest path through graph.
- Take a 64-bit plain text and encrypt the same using DES algorithm.
- Using RSA algorithm encrypts a text data and decrypts the same.
- Implementation of the link state routing protocols.
- Implementation of LZW compression and decompression algorithms.