|Water Quality Analysis Laboratory||Learning Schedule|
|13010508||Pre-requisites: — Principle and design of water treatment||0||0||2||1|
Water quality analysis laboratory is attached with the life cycle of every human being. It is essential to have the knowledge of this course for problem associated with the treatment of water and its supply. Student learns the physical as well as chemical properties of water involved in treatment of water treatment. Upon completion, Student should be able to identify the problem associated with water treatment and its supply.
- To ensure quality of water by performing standard tests
- To examine the quality of minerals present in water
- To ensure the hardness of water to be used for industrial application
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Calculate the pH value of a given water sample.
- Determine turbidity, alkanity and hardness of water.
List of Experiments:
- To determine the pH of a given water sample.
- To determine the total solids, suspended solids, dissolved solids and volatile solids in wastewater.
- To determine the turbidity and specific conductivity of the given water samples.
- To determine the Alkalinity of given water sample.
- To determine total hardness, permanent hardness and temporary hardness for given water sample.
- To determine amount of sulphates in a given sample.
- To determine the optimum dosage of coagulant for turbidity removal of a given water sample.
- Garg S.K., Environmental Engineering Vol. I Water Supply Engineering, Khanna Publishers.
- H.S.Peavy, D.R.Rowe & George Tchobanoglous, Environmental Engineering, McGraw-Hill Company, NewDelhi.
- Lab manual