|Wastewater Treatment Laboratory||Learning Schedule|
|Pre-requisites: Principles & Design of Wastewater Treatment & Disposal Systems||0||0||2||1|
To carryout experiments related to waste water treatment with the help of different instruments. The course also develops skill in the students to design screen chamber, grit chamber, primary sedimentation tank & trickling filter for the waste water treatment plants.
To develop skill in students for evaluating the performance of waste-water treatment plants.
On completion of this course the students will be able to determine the BOD, COD, DO, chlorine concentration etc.
List of Experiment
- To determine the BOD of the given sample of waste water
- To determine the COD of the given sample of waste water
- To determine the Chloride concentration of the given sample
- To determine the dissolve oxygen content in the given sample
- To design the screen chamber for waste water treatment plant
- To design the grit chamber for waste water treatment plant
- To design the primary sedimentation tank for waste water treatment plant
- To design the trickling filter for waste water treatment plant
- Garg S. K, Environmental Engineering-Sewage Disposal and Air Pollution Engineering, Khanna Publishers.
- Metcalf & Eddy, Wastewater Engineering Treatment & Reuse, Tata McGraw-Hill Education.
- Howard S. Peavy, Donald R. Rowe, George Tchobanoglous, Environmental Engineering, Tata McGraw-Hill Education.
- Hammer & Hammer Jr., Water and Wastewater Technology.
- Rakesh Kumar, R.N.Singh, Municipal Water and Wastewater Treatment, Teri Press.
- P.N.Modi, Sewage Treatment Disposal and Wastewater Engineering.
- R.Asolekar, Soli. J.Arceivala, Wastewater Treatment for Pollution Control and Reuse, Tata McGraw- Hill Education.