|Surveying Practices||Learning Schedule|
- To give the students practical field knowledge of surveying and expose different techniques of surveying.
- To help the students to learn the field applicability of the different survey methods and equipments.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Perform compass survey, theodolite survey and plane table survey.
- Understand the concept of levelling, contouring and curve surveying.
- Use total station to measure distances and altitude of a given point.
- Develop skill to carry out tachometry, geodetic surveying wherever situation demands.
- Develop skills to apply error adjustment to the recorded reading to get an accurate surveying output.
List of Experiments
- Chain Survey by perpendicular offsets
- Compass Survey- Traversing using surveyor and prismatic compass.
- Theodolite Survey- Measurement of horizontal angles by method of repetition and reiteration.
- Measurement of Vertical Angles and determination of Height of an Object
- Plane Table Survey- Two and Three point problem (Lehman’s method).
- Levelling- Rise & Fall method
- Levelling- Height of collimation method
- Tacheometric survey- Determination of additive and multiplication constant, determination of horizontal distance and RL.
- Contouring- To determine the contours for a given location.
- Demonstration of Total station
- Punmia B.C. Surveying, Volume 1, Laxmi Publications.
- Punmia B.C. Surveying, Volume 2, Laxmi Publications.
- Punmia B.C. Surveying, Volume 3, Laxmi Publications
- Satheesh Gopi GPS Principles and Applications, Tata Mc Graw Hill publishing company Ltd.
- Subramaniyan R. Surveying and Levelling, Oxford University Press.
- Kanetkar T.P. Surveying and Levelling, Vol I, Pune.
- Kanetkar T.P. Surveying and Levelling, Vol II, Pune.