|Survey Camp||Learning Schedule|
Survey camp emphasizes on field application of basic survey task such as triangulation, base line measurement, levelling, contouring and topographic surveying of land using plane table methods. It impart knowledge of projection of land features on a plane sheet on a chosen scale.
To make the student capable of drawing survey site plans and maps independently of a chunk of land of earth surface.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Use instruments like Auto level, Total station, Tachometer and other important survey instrument.
- They will gain experience of preparing site maps of the objects in the area under consideration with contours.
- Make significant survey decisions on survey works whenever necessary especially when facing problems at sites.
- Enhance their confident to carry out engineering survey work.
During the survey camp group of students will be formed with a group leader. Necessary survey instruments will be issued to the group. The group of students will be asked to survey a reasonable area by plotting important objects and features of the land under consideration on plane table sheets by using appropriate instruments issued to them. Along with plotting the important features they shall also be asked to draw contours at each plane table station at site itself.
- Punmia B.C., Surveying, Volume 1, Laxmi Publications.
- Punmia B.C. Surveying, Volume 2, Laxmi Publications.
- N N Basak, Surveying and Levelling TMH Private Ltd.
4. Constant Guidance of faculties