Structural Analysis Lab
|13010408||Pre-requisites: Engineering Mechanics||0||0||2||1|
The experiment conducted by students will improve their vision about slope and deflection of structural member. The experiment shall also impart the student knowledge of flexural rigidity. They will know different methods of calculating slope and deflection of beam and column. Some experiment will make the students to understand the behaviour of arches with different end conditions and behaviour of pin jointed truss.
- To know the concept and procedure for determining flexural rigidity of beam.
- To understand the behavior of different types of structures.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Understand different methods used for finding slope and deflections.
- Determine the slope and deflection of indeterminate structures and will be able to calculate deflection of different types of structures.
- To understand structural behavior of structures like beam, column, truss, arches.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Deflection of a simply supported beam and verification of Clark-Maxwell’s theorem.
- To determine the Flexural Rigidity of a given beam.
- To verify the Moment- area theorem for slope and deflection of a given beam.
- Deflection of a fixed beam and influence line for reactions.
- Deflection studies for a continuous beam and influence line for reactions.
- Study of behavior of columns and struts with different end conditions.
- Experiment on three hinged arch.
- Experiment on two hinged arch.
- Deflection of a statically determinate pin jointed truss.
- Vazirani & Ratwani, Analysis of Structures, Vol. 1 & II, Khanna Publishers.
- S. Ramamrutham, Theory of Structures, Dhanpat Rai Publications.
- Lab Manual.
- C. S. Reddy, Structural Analysis, 3rd Edition, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Kenneth M. Leet, Gilbert A, Uang C. M. Fundamentals of Structural Analysis, Tata McGraw Hill.