|Highway Materials Testing Lab||Learning Schedule|
|13010509||Pre-requisites: — Highway Engineering||0||0||2||1|
The students will do the laboratory test such as crushing value of aggregate, aggregate impact test, Los Angeles & Dorry’s Abrasion Test, Deval Attrition test, Flakiness and elongation test, Penetration Test of Bitumen, Ductility Test of Bitumen, Softening Point Test of Bitumen, Flash and Fire Point Test of Bitumen, Viscosity Test of Bitumen on road construction materials. The students will also perform Marshal Stability test and California Bearing Ratio (CBR) Test.
To make the students capable to accesses the quality of material to be used in the road construction work. Marshal Stability test and California bearing test are important test which keeps important data for the design of road pavement thus the performance of these laboratory test will be a fruitful learning to the students.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Confident to recognize the stability of the material to be used in the road construction.
- They will also able to collect important parameters for the design of road pavements through Marshal Stability test and CBR test.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
- Aggregate Impact Test.
- Los-Angeles Abrasion Test on Aggregates.
- Dorry’s Abrasion Test on Aggregates.
- Deval Attrition Test on Aggregates.
- Crushing Strength Test on Aggregates.
- Penetration Test on Bitumen.
- Ductility Test on Bitumen.
- Viscosity Test on Bituminous Material.
- Softening Point Test on Bitumen.
- Flash and Fire Point Test on Bitumen.
- Flakiness and elongation test
- Marshal Stability test
- C B R Value test.
- S.K. and Justo. C.E.G., (2011), Highway Engineering Lab Manual, Ninth Edition, Nem. Lab manual.