|Geo -Technology Lab||Learning Schedule|
|Pre-requisites: Soil Mechanics||0||0||2||1|
Geotechnical laboratory is an opportunity for civil engineering students to investigate soil property and investigation at site before starting the construction work. The laboratory test the students shall be performing are designed from practical point of view which shall be great asset for the engineer.
To provide civil engineering students skill of performing various field test required for the design and construction civil projects.
On completion of this course the students will be able to
- The Knowledge of site specific field investigations including collection of soil samples for testing.
- To determine various soil parameters by penetration test required for the bearing capacity of sub soil strata.
- Be able to identify and classify soil based on standard geotechnical engineering practice.
- Be able to perform laboratory compaction and in-place density tests for fill quality control
List of Experiment
- Static cone penetration test
- Standard/Dynamic Cone Penetration Test
- Auger Boring
- Compaction Test
- Triaxial compression test (CU, UU, CD)
- Unconfined compression test.
- K.R.Arora, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Standard Publishers Distributors, Delhi.
- Arun Kr. Jain, B.C. Punmia, Ashok Kr. Jain, Soil Mechanics and Foundations, Laxmi Publications.
- Lab manual.