Fluid Mechanics Lab
|13010312||Pre-requisites: Basis Engg. At semester-1||0||0||2||1|
- To compare the results of analytical models to the actual behaviour of real fluid flows;
- To practice standard measurement techniques of fluid mechanics and their applications.
- To impart the practical knowledge about the performance characteristics of pumps and turbines.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to,
- Utilize basic measurement techniques of fluid mechanics.
- Discuss the differences among measurement techniques, their relevance and applications.
- Demonstrate practical understanding of friction losses in pipes.
- Carryout the performance analysis of pumps and turbines.
List of Experiments
- Conducting experiments to verify Bernoulli’s theorem.
- Determination of the Coefficient of discharge of given Venturi-meter.
- Determination of the Coefficient of discharge of given Rectangular notch.
- Determination of the Coefficient of discharge of given V- notch.
- Determination of head loss in pipes connected in series.
- Determination of head loss in pipes connected in parallel.
- To study the performance characteristics of Centrifugal pump.
- To study the performance characteristics of reciprocating pump.
- R.K. Bansal A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines. Laxmi Publication.
- P. N. Modi and S. M. Seth Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics including Hydraulic Machines, Standard Publications.
- D.S. Kumar Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power Engineering, Katson Publishing House.