Concrete Technology Lab
|13010409||Pre-requisites: — Concrete Technology||0||0||2||1|
The students will learn how to perform various tests to be used at construction site. They will also learn to conduct various type of slump test on concrete and constituent of mortar to be used at site. At the end they will learn mix design to arrive at required strength of concrete with specific ratio of its ingredients.
- To know the concept and procedure of different type of test conducted on cement, aggregate and finished concrete.
- To understand the procedure of designing the concrete mix of given specification of its ingredients along with appropriate water cement ratio and admixtures.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Perform different tests conducted on cement, aggregate and concrete at site.
- Perform non-destructive test on concrete.
- Design the concrete mix as per the site conditions and specification of materials available there.
List of Experiment
- Compressive Strength of Cement Cube (7.07 cm cubes)
- Determine standard consistency test.
- Determine Initial and Final setting time of cement
- Determine soundness of cement.
- Workability by Compaction Factor, Slump Test.
- Determination of Constituents of Hardened Mortar.
- Mix Design by IS Code Method.
- Compressive strength of Concrete cube (15 cm cubes)
- Compressive strength of Concrete cylinder.
- To find workability by Slump Cone Test.
- M. S. Shetty, Concrete Technology, S Chand Publications.
- Lab Manual.
- M. L. Gambhir, Concrete Technology, Mcgraw Hill Education.