|Computer Aided Analysis and Design Lab||Learning Schedule|
|Pre-requisites: Structural Analysis||0||0||2||1|
2-D & 3-D modelling on STAAD.Pro, data feeding for geometric & material properties. Running of STAAD.Pro for structural analysis and design.
Students will learn the details of STAAD.Pro software package and know the behaviour of RCC and Steel structures. Students will understand the bending moment diagram, drawn in tension face and shear force diagram. Upon completion, students should be able to design diff erent components of RCC and Steel structures
- To teach the students to understand the details of STAAD.Pro software package.
- To enable the students to prepare input data for RCC & Steel structures.
- To enable the students to design different components of structures.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Understand the details of STAAD.Pro software package.
- To prepare input data of STAAD.Pro.
- Run STAAD.Pro for analysis and desing of structures.
- Design different components of structures.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
- Design of simply supported RCC beam.
- Design of cantilever RCC beam.
- Design of continuous RCC beam.
- Design of simply supported Steel beam.
- Design of continuous Steel beam.
- Design of RCC columns with diff erent end conditions.
- Design of Steel columns with diff erent end conditions.
- Design of steel trusses.
- Design of RCC portal frames.
- Design of steel portal frames.
- N. Vazirani & M. M. Ratwani, Analysis of Structures, Khanna Publishers
- R. L. Jindal, Indeterminate Structures, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing House.
- G. S. Pandit & Gupta S. P., Structural Analysis (A matrix approach), Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Ltd.
- Wang C. K., Matrix Method of Structural Analysis, Jon Wiley publications.
- IS:456 -2000, IS:800-2007.