|Building Construction Drawing||Learning Schedule|
|13010313||Pre-requisites: Engineering Drawing||0||0||2||1|
- To understand the regulations as per National Building Code To analyse the structures.
- To identify the functional requirements and building rules.
- To understand the sketches and working drawings.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Implement the regulations for layout planning and preparation of drawings.
- Prepare building drawings for residential building and hospital buildings.
- Design the different projections of the buildings
Building Regulations as per National Building Code, Layout planning, preparation of line sketches and working drawing in accordance with functional requirements and building rules for the following types of building. a. Residential buildings – Flat-roof and pitched roof – Apartments/Flats in multi-storied buildings. b. Schools, Hospitals, Dispensaries and Hostels. c. Industrial buildings – workshop with trussed roof – Factory buildings with fl at, pitched and shell roofs.
Detailed Drawings (Plan, Elevation and section for the following):
1) Simple residential and industrial buildings with fl at and pitched roof.
2) Dispensary – Provision for Handicapped people
3) Workshop – Trussed roof.
4) Terminal buildings for multi-modal systems
5) Detailed drawings for doors, windows, rolling shutters and collapsible gates.
6) Introduction to reinforced concrete drawings and structural steel drawings
7) Planning, design and detailed drawings of staircase.
- V.B Sikka, “Civil Engineering Drawing”, S.K.Kataria & Sons, New Delhi.
- N.Kumaraswamy, A. Kameswara Rao “Building Planning & Drawing”, Charotar Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- S.C Rangwala, “Civil Engineering Drawing”, Charotar Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- Richard B. Eaton, “Building Construction Drawing”, Donhead Publisher.
- Padmini Murugesan, Civil Engineering Drawing, Prithiba Publishers and Distributors.