SAE INDIA Collegiate club Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Mechanical engineering department (Faculty of Engineering & Technology, SGTU) is in the final phase of setting up a student club affiliated to SAEINDIA on our university campus. An affiliate society of SAE International, SAEINDIA is a non-profit scientific and engineering society working for the advancement of mobility community in India with the main emphasis on transport industries (Automotive, Aerospace, and Commercial vehicles). Various Engineers & Executives from industrial government and non-government agencies, academicians, and student comprise the members of SAEINDIA. In total 50 students from Ist, IInd & IIIrd year from B.Tech Mechanical Engineering have been selected along with 2 Faculty Supervisors from the same department as guides to comprise the collegiate club in FET. In the future, these students will participate in various events organized by SAEINDIA nationally and internationally (e.g. SUPRA & BAJA). Some benefits of joining SAEINDIA that we are eyeing to achieve are as follows:
- Free Subscription to On-Line Magazines (Automotive Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Off-Highway).
- Discounts on registrations for major SAEINDIA meetings, exhibits, publishing technical SAE papers and books.
- Discounts on SAEINDIA top-tech training programs
- Free industry visits
- Contacts and networking
- Helping hand in student projects
- Priority in a job opportunity
SGT university helped in the establishment of this club by bearing all the expenses including membership fees of students and supervising faculties which is a great motivation for our students.