Industrial Visit in Civil Engineering
Site Visit to L&T Project Site-IGI Airport
The Department of Civil Engineering, FEAT, SGTU organized a “Site Cum Testing Laboratory Visit, at L&T Project, DIAL Phase 3A Expansion Project, IGI Airport, New Delhi, on 04 March 2022, from 10.00 AM to 03.00 PM. The project engineer demonstrated the working methodology of the most advanced instruments, Nuclear Density Gauge (Humboldt) and Modular Compact Rheometer (Anton Paar) to the students. Site engineers elucidated the experiments performed at the Quality Control laboratories as, Soil Testing Laboratory (California Bearing Ratio, Proctor Compaction & Density, etc.) & Asphalt Testing Laboratory (Marshall Stability test, Los Angeles abrasion value test of aggregates, Penetration value test of bitumen, etc.). Students also visited the concrete curing unit at the project site.
Site Visit at Oxygen Generation Plant
The Department of Civil Engineering organized a “Site visit at Oxygen Generation Plant” on December 16, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The visit was focused on ongoing construction works and importance of various components in the RCC and steel structures. The construction of machine foundation, retaining walls and columns along with description of drawing was explained. The fabrication of steel poles, purlins and trusses was demonstrated by the site engineer. The fabrication and erection of PEB (Prefabricated Engineered Building) was explained.
Site Visit at Police Chowki (Under Construction at SGT University)
The Department of Civil Engineering organized a “Site visit at Police Chowki” on December 10, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The visit was focused on the construction of foundation, columns and beams in the structure. The reinforcement detailing for column and beam was described. The recommendation of reinforcement in the forms of steel bars (main and distribution bars), and stirrups was discussed. The defects during the construction of structural components were also highlighted. The importance of formworks or scaffoldings during the placing of concrete in column construction was explained. The production, placement and compaction of concrete on site were elaborated. The size of column, beam, overlapping of steel bars, size of bars as per IS code was briefly explained.
Visit to NPCC Site, Sarita Vihar
Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, SGT University, organized a one day industrial visit at NPCC Site, Sarita Vihar, Delhi (Construction of phase-II of All India Institute of Ayurveda) for the B. Tech 4th & 6th semester students on 23rd Jan. 2020. The group was accompanied by two faculties from Civil Engineering Department….Read More
Industry Visit for Precast Technology
The Department of Civil Engineering had organised an Industrial visit for Precast Technology understanding and enhance the industrial safety related knowledge during the 48th National Safety Day (Company Safety Week) to Godrej Golf Link Construction site on 8th March 2019…Read More…
Industrial visit at CSSRI Karnal
The Department of Civil Engineering is organizing an “Analytical Cum Research Visit” at Central Soil Salinity Research Institute (CSSRI), Karnal, Haryana, on 27 February, 2019… Read More…
Industrial Visit to VSR Avenue
Department of Civil Engineering organised an industrial visit to VSR Avenue, sector 114 Gurugram, Haryana on 12th February 2019. Students of B.Tech and M.Tech program visited the site. Read More…
Educational Cum Industrial Visit at Hot Mix Plant
The Department of Civil Engineering visited at Nirmit Civiltech Pvt.Ltd. Plant (Plot No. 1, Khewat No. 818/900, Dudhola Road, VPO Prithla, Palwal 121102, Haryana), on dated 08 Feb 2019. Total of 40 students was present to visit this plant from B.Tech. course & M.Tech. the course of the Civil Engineering department. Read More…
Educational Cum Industrial Visit- EMAAR-Site, Imperial Garden, Sector 102, Gurugram
The Department of Civil Engineering has conducted a visit at EMAAR site in sector 102, Gurugram, Haryana on 5th February 2019. In total 40 students of B.Tech and M.Tech program in Civil Engineering has visited the site.
The purpose of this visit is to help students to understand in field construction, demonstrate the theory concepts with in field construction techniques, Reinforced Cement Concrete, Foundation Engineering, Road construction and materials testing subject in field demonstration. Read more.
Educational Cum Industrial Visit- Haryana Operational Pilot Project (HOPP)
The Department of Civil Engineering has conducted a visit at HOPP site (Haryana Operational Pilot Project) in Kahni Village and Lakhan Majra Workshop, dated on 30 January 2019. In total 40 students, including B.Tech. And M.Tech. Level (Civil Engineering) has visited the HOPP site. The purpose of this visit is to help students in better understanding of the soil related parameters studied under saline soil reclamation. In addition to that workshop, visit enhanced the understanding of students toward machinery used for reclamation of soil… Read more.
Educational Visit to Water treatment plant at Basai Village
2nd and 3rd semester students on 6 February 2017.
Department of Civil Engineering organised an educational visit to Water treatment plant at Basai Village on 06 February 2017. The objective of the visit was to enhance the knowledge of Engineering Chemistry, Water treatment, Water quality testing among the students and help them understand the process of converting raw water into drinking water. It was an enlivening experience in which the students got a chance to get themselves familiar to the practical knowledge of the different stages of water purification. The visit was an informative experience satisfying the curiosity of engineering students and also helped in creating an environmental awareness among them.
Industrial Visit of 2nd& 3rd students to Suncity Township site Rohtak
Organized an industrial visit of 2nd& 3rd students to Suncity Township site Rohtak with the objective of showing different stages of construction in a variety of projects to the students. The students were provided with explanations regarding the laying of foundation of the building in relation to the drawings and the various stages of construction. Also, students were given detailed explanations about reinforcement of column, form work and other ongoing tasks.
Industrial Visit of IInd & IIIrd students to Construction site M3M Pvt. Ltd.
Organized an industrial visit of IInd & IIIrd students to Construction site M3M Pvt. Ltd. Gurgaon with the objective of showing different stages of construction in a variety of projects to the students. The students were provided with explanations regarding the laying of foundation of the building in relation to the drawings and the various stages of construction.
Industrial Visit to Sewage treatment plant
Organized an Industrial Visit to Sewage treatment plant to visualize the primary, secondary and tertiary treatment processes.
Industrial Visit to BRICK KILN on 24-09-2016
Organized an Industrial Visit to BRICK KILN on 24-09-2016. The students learnt how the bricks are manufactured. Students gained the practical knowledge of preparation of brick earth, operation of pug-mills, molding of bricks, burning operations & various field tests to assess the quality of bricks
Industrial Visit focuses on preparing the participants to learn about the day-to-day workings
Industrial visit focuses on preparing the participants to learn about the day-to-day workings of a particular industry and understand its operational issues. The program also helps keep students abreast with the current management practices followed by such organizations and acquire traits that the industry demands of them.
- Department of Civil Engineering has organized an industrial visit of 2nd year & 3rd year students to Suncity Township site Rohtak with the objective of showing different stages of construction
- Industrial visit at “INDIA EXPO CENTRE” Noida.
- Regular visit to our own site at campus
- Organized National Design Competition in association with CADD Center for students of civil engineering to display their talent in digital design skills. The competition has successfully conducted to perform 2D drafting.
- 10 days survey camp was organized for Civil Engineering 3rd year students. At Survey Camp, students obtained extensive hands-on experience in the use of land surveying instruments and in the essentials of survey practice. Measurements of distances and angles, survey calculations, sources of error, and corrections and adjustments were introduced. Concepts of higher order survey techniques and global positioning systems were reviewed and illustrated.
- Department of Civil Engineering organized Interactive session on STAAD Pro by TIET, New Delhi in which students have gained understanding of structural modelling . Students are introduced to the concepts of structure modelling, analysis, design and documentation. Trainer introduced the course in a very friendly way saying that STAAD Pro is comprehensive structural engineering software that addresses all aspects of structural engineering including model development, verification, analysis, design and review of results.
- Invited Guest Expert Dr. D P Gupta, Former Director General (Road Development) & Additional Secretary Govt. of India, on March 03, 2016 in order to discuss “Recent Advances in Roads and Road Transport Sector”.
- Invited guest speaker Dr. Parmod Kumar Jain, Retired Chief Scientist-CRRI, on March 08, 2016 in order to discuss “New Materials for Road Construction”.
- Organized an education trip to Roorkee & Haridwar in which different hydraulic structures shown & explained to the students were aqueduct, level crossing, syphone, earthen & concrete canals fluming of canal etc.
- Department has organized an 3 days Educational Trip of 3rdand 4th year students to Banbasha & Nainital. The students were taken to Sarada Barrage & made familiar with different components of barrage like under sluice portion, weir portion, head regulator, operation of gate, guide bunds, spurs, silt extractor, fish ladder and offtakes canal. The students were also taken to Nainalake near Naina Devi temple & were asked to sketch of contour of Nainital Valley on at down loaded map of Nainital from Google Earth. The whole trip was very educative & improved the physical understanding & visualization of the students in regard with Surveying practice and functioning of the head work & canal system.