Career Opportunities in Civil Engineering
Civil engineering graduates can look for opportunities in fields such as :
- Design and construction of civil engineering project
A student can also serve in defense services through special entry like TGC (Technical Graduate Course), SSB etc. Eligible Civil Engineering graduates can work in various departments of government and private sectors as mentioned below:
- Civil engineers also work in the construction site along with the offices.
- Structural engineers ensure that a load bearing structure framework must be designed to withstand the maximum possible load for which the structure is to be used. The latest developments in construction techniques and materials for the structure to be weather resistant.
- Several civil engineering sites are worked upon simultaneously by the same civil contracting and consulting engineers.
- Design of water supply systems, minimization of losses in water supply, control of pollution in sewage system are design by environment and water resources engineers.
- Highway engineers design both traffic management and roads cross-section according to the local traffic count.
- Civil Engineers design according to minimize the effect of any natural calamity.
Opportunities for Civil engineering graduates exist not only in government organizations such as Airways, Highways, Railways, DMRC, NMRC, GAIL, NTPC, RES, ONGC, EIL and IOCL; but also in private sectors including MNCs as, ESSAR, GMR, L&T, HCC, CCCL, TCE, TECHNIP, SHAPOORJI PALLONJI GROUP etc.